Waverly, NY 14892
Salary: $11.10 to $12.50 /hour
The Stray Haven Humane Society & SPCA Shelter Manager is responsible for administrative, operational activities, personnel, programmatic and financial activities under the direction of the Executive Director.
Oversee and execute daily operations and maintenance of Stray Haven animal shelter, including supervision and instruction of staff while promoting teamwork and safety, routine inspections of facility and daily interactions with animals. Serve as Adoption Advocate to place adoptable pets in proper homes. Maintain animal, personnel and fiscal records in a confidential manner and work with Executive Director to meet budgetary guidelines. Promote Stray Haven through positive public relations, coordinating and participating in events (adoption, fundraising). Assist in developing and executing programs to increase mission awareness and fundraising efforts.
Key Skills needed:
- Staff Management Experience with willingness to lead by example conducting day-to-day operational tasks (cleaning, animal care, etc.)
- Communication skills (excellent written and verbal skills, public speaking, telephone, strong interpersonal skills)
- Computer Skills – data entry, Excel, Word, social media/internet platforms, ability to learn software (Animal Shelter Manager)
- Knowledge and Hands-on Experience with Companion Animal Care, shelter animal experience preferred
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity, including lifting/moving 60 pounds, standing and walking, to support animal, staff and program needs.
Required Education and Work Experience
1 year Management Experience
1 year Animal Welfare/shelter or Veterinary Experience
High School diploma required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree highly preferred