Waverly, NY 14892
Background: Stray Haven has used a WordPress website for many years and now has the opportunity to build a new site with GoDaddy.com. We are looking for an individual who would be able to assist with building this new website, within set parameters, and continue to maintain the site, making changes and updates as requested by the Executive Director or Board of Directors. There will be a higher requirement of time during the website building process, but once the site is up and running, the weekly time commitment should average less than 5 hours. This position is 100% home based.
Position Summary: Responsible for the development and ongoing management of the Stray Haven Humane Society’s website, StrayHavenSPCA.org, at the direction of the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
- Build a new website for Stray Haven on GoDaddy.com, using set branding, visual imagery, and features specific to the organization.
- Test and improve the design and functionality of the website through ongoing management.
- Maintain the appearance of the website and keep information up to date.
- Design visual imagery for the website that is in-line with branding.
- Work with Social Media Coordinator to ensure alignment between website and our social media presences.
- Experience using WordPress.
- Familiarity with graphic design; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Awareness of marketing techniques.
Compensation: This is a volunteer position and there is no compensation.