Waverly, NY 14892
Salary: $11.10 to $11.25 /hour
Part-Time Availability needed: 11am – 6pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; 11am – 5pm Friday; 9am – 4pm Saturday, additional or shifted hours on occasion as needed
Execute daily operations focusing on public interactions through in-person visits, phone and digital communications and record keeping (digital and hard copy) of Stray Haven animal shelter. Serve as Adoption Advocate to place adoptable pets in approved homes. Maintain animal, personnel, community service and fiscal records in a confidential manner and work within management structure to produce reports and assist in projects. Assist Shelter Manager as needed, working collectively with staff promoting teamwork and safety and interacting with Veterinarians for clinic needs. Promote Stray Haven through positive public relations and assist with events (adoption, fundraising). Strenuous physical activity may be required to support animal and staff needs. Administrative and Non-profit and/or animal shelter experience preferred.
Primary Job Duties: Answer telephones, greet visitors and volunteers at Stray Haven, assist with donations, data entry and paperwork for shelter animal tracking, adoptions, dog control and spay/neuter clinic.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word (PC), Facebook, willingness and ability to learn new software programs, including Animal Shelter Manager.
Other Skills: Excellent customer services skills to provide information and assistance to the public, volunteer, staff and others in a fast-paced working environment. Excellent written and verbal skills, legible handwriting and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to stand, sit, move frequently and lift 50 pounds. Familiarity with companion animals (dogs and cats) and willingness to work in an animal shelter.
- Associate Degree preferred or high school diploma is acceptable with appropriate experience.
- Administrative experience (preferably in a non-profit environment) or related work experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or equivalent photo identification and be a legal citizen of the United States of America.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Customer service experience and strategic qualities to complete day-to-day activities and operations.
- Proficiency in required computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Animal Shelter Manager, Internet, Email, Facebook, windows PC format).
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.