Adopt, Don’t Shop! All adoptable animals available at Stray Haven Humane Society & SPCA are listed on Petfinder.com You can search directly from the Petfinder website by entering our zip code “14892” in the search box or view our shelter animals below.
- We are not able to put animals “On Hold” for adoption.
- If you are interested in adopting a specific listed animal, we recommend visiting the shelter during our open hours
- If you have a dog, we recommend a pre-scheduled meet-and-greet at Stray Haven. Please call us at 607-565-2859 to make an appointment with our Animal Care Team!
- Dog Adoption Package: $160 donation, includes up-to-date vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper combination vaccine, Lepto, Bordatella), flea treatment and deworming, microchip (HomeAgain), Pet Tag, office visit with participating local veterinarians (additional tests, vaccines, medications not included)
- Cat Adoption Package: $75 donation, includes up-to-date vaccinations (Rabies, FVRCP), FeLV/FIV test, flea treatment and deworming, office visit with participating local veterinarians (additional tests, vaccines, medications not included)
- Adoption Promotions offered for Senior Pets, Long Term residents and Sponsored Animals (you can help an animal be adopted by donating the adoption fees!)
- Once you have decided you want to adopt one of our animals, please complete the Dog Adoption Application or Cat Adoption Application and bring it with you to the Shelter. This will make the adoption process go much quicker!
Adopt a New Best Friend: Consider adopting an adult or senior pet, as these animals have lots of love to give and they may transition even easier into your household.
Bringing a new pet into your home is a big decision. We encourage all members of the family to discuss the joys and responsibilities of pet ownership. Introducing a new pet to your other household animal resident may take patience and time. We’re here to help!
Have you recently adopted a puppy? Here is a reference guide from one of our adoption partners AdoptAPet with training tips to get you started!