Thank you for considering Stray Haven for your clinical needs! We DO NOT have a veterinarian on staff, but we are a location for Cornell's Shelter Outreach Services program. Two to four times per month a veterinarian will come to our facility and perform spay/neuters, examinations, and vaccinations.
Drop off times:
Dogs: 7:00-7:30am Female/7:30-8:00am Male
Cats: 8:00-8:30am Female/8:30-9:00am Male
Crates MUST be plastic/metal, pets in fabric crates will not be accepted. Crates MAY NOT contain bedding.
Curbside drop-off, everyone MUST remain masked and within their vehicle for the entire drop-off and pick-up process.
We offer same day pick-up/drop-off spays and neuters through Cornell's Shelter Outreach Services Program.
-Cryptorchid pets, one who only has one descended testicle into the scrotum do have an additional fee as do pets in heat, pregnant, or over 100lbs.
- Owners do not need to list a hardship, nor do they need to be a resident of Tioga County, NY to participate in our low cost clinic.
- Payment and proof of current vaccinations must be provided when submitting the clinic appointment form in order to secure your place in the clinic. Spaces are limited and do fill up quickly.
- If your pet is NOT UP TO DATE ON VACCINATIONS, the veterinarian will administer the vaccine at an additional cost.
- For additional information on our clinics unavailable on this page or to schedule an appointment please call or email at Clinic@StrayHavenSPCA.com
How do our clinics function?
A veterinarian and licensed veterinarian technician from Cornell's Shelter Outreach Services branch operate out of our facility on a rotating schedule two to four times a month. Staff members process paperwork and check vitals while the S.O.S. staff administer medication and perform procedures. We are fortunate that many volunteers have been trained to assist with prep and recovery; dogs are walked, pet, played music for, and lightly groomed. Cats are snuggled, brushed, ears cleaned, and nails clipped as they wake. Our staff realizes how stressful these procedures can be for your pet and we work very hard to provide the best out-patient care possible while adhering to the strict guidelines put in place by Cornell and our Executive Director.
What do we need from you for clinic to be successful?
- The day before your appointment, you should not give your pet food after 8pm or water after midnight. No food the day of surgery.
- If an animal is on medication, it is the owner's responsibility to disclose this information while signing up for the program so that we can consult the animal's vet prior to consult as to whether the animal should take the medication the day of surgery.
- All animals must be brought to Stray Haven on a leash or in a carrier. (4-6ft leashes and collars/carriers must be secured; flexi-leads are not permitted.) Please keep in mind cats will be in their carriers for extended periods of time, so keep your pet's comfort in mind, a clean towel and leg space is important.
- Staff will take the pet to the surgical area and the owner will be required to sign a surgical waiver, then given instructions for pick-up later in the day. Owners are welcome to call throughout the day to check on their pets; dogs are altered in the morning, cats in the afternoon. All owners will be notified at the discretion of the veterinarian when the pet is available for pick-up. For example, if the vet says dogs are welcome to be released at 4:00pm we will begin calling dog owners between 2:30/3:00pm.
- Upon discharge, staff will review instructions with you and request payment for any extra fees charged, i.e. ear mite treatment, flea treatment, pregnancies, etc. Pets should be kept quiet and avoid rough housing for 7-10 days.
- Pets are tattooed at the conclusion of their surgery with a green line that runs parallel to a spay scar and on the inside of the left leg for males. This is the universal symbol a pet has been altered in New York State.
There is an additional 20.00 charge if the animal is cryptorchid and a 30.00 fee if the dog weighs more than 100lbs.
There is an additional 20.00 charge if the animal is pregnant or in heat and a 30.00 charge if the dog weighs more than 100lbs.
There is an additional 20.00 charge if the animal is cryptorchid.
There is an additional 20.00 charge if the animal is pregnant or in heat.
You may submit the form below by email, mail, or in person. You will need to follow up to submit payment and schedule your appointment. Appointments are NOT scheduled until our office has both the payment and the completed request form. You will receive a call the day prior to your appointment. Your appointment is not confirmed until you have spoken with our office.