Signed in as:
Signed in as:
1. If an animal is brought in without being identified either by licensing or microchipping, that animal becomes the property of Stray Haven Humane Society and SPCA after FIVE days.
2. At such time that the animal becomes the property of Stray Haven Humane Society & SPCA it is at the discretion of staff who is approved for adoption of said animal.
3. In order to reclaim your dog, you must contact Stray Haven within the allotted time frame, pay the reclaim fee $50+ (dependent on the number of occurrences on record and medical fees acquired), and provide a copy of the dog's license.
Choose which information to share with finders on one of our stylish tags.
Activate your HomeAgain microchip so anyone who finds your pet can get them back to you.
In our experience, many cats make their way back home eventually – sometimes long after they have gone missing. Here are some tips to lure them back home: Cats are comforted by their own scent. Put your cat’s favorite bed, litter box, blanket, or cat tree outside. Set out fragrant food, taking care that other animals don’t eat it. If at all possible and/or safe and practical, leave a window or a door open so your cat can get back in on their own time.
- Check your home first.
As you do your search, bring some of your dog’s favorite high-value treats or your dog’s favorite toy to coax them out of hiding.
If you cannot find your dog on your property, place some of your dirty clothing and your dog's bedding outside of your home to lure them back through scent.
- Call microchip company verify contact info.
If you can’t find your dog’s microchip information, contact your veterinarian’s office or the rescue where you got your dog — there’s a good chance they might have the number on file.
Unfortunately, microchips are useless until they’re registered in a database with your pet’s unique microchip number and your contact information. Even if it hasn't been registered before, if you have your pet's microchip number you can do it right now.
- Make a lost dog poster.
Put up as large of a sign as you can in front of your home or apartment building with your dog's picture and your contact information.
Creating large neon is nice since not everyone is on social media and not everyone speaks the same language, it is absolutely one of the best ways to find your missing dog.
- Get help from neighbors and the internet.
Letting your neighbors knows allows them to keep watch of the immediate area that your dog has gone missing.
Use social media, such as Fakebook, to increase your search.
Get ready for a Mardi Gras extravaganza that is all about supporting Stray Haven. One of the highlights of the night will be a jambalaya tasting where local restaurants will have the chance to battle it out to win the title of "Best Jambalaya in Tioga County". There will be live music and a cash bar available to keep the good times flowing.
This is a family-friendly event to be enjoyed by all!