1. Call us to discuss reason for surrendering pet; staff will inquire as to whether we can help to keep the pet in your home through a variety of options.
2. If it is decided that you still need to surrender your pet, we ill ask you to complete a surrender survey over the phone (5-15 minutes).
3. We will schedule a follow up call with the Cat Care or Dog Care Supervisor to either schedule your surrender or place your pet on the intake waiting list.
4. Arrive at Stray Haven for your scheduled appointment; make sure to bring all medical information; vaccines, medical history, etc. All animals will receive a behavioral evaluation before admission, if their actions are unsuitable, they will not be accepted into our adoption program.
5. Owners will be asked to complete a lengthy surrender packet and pay the surrender fee at this time.
***NEW DATE due to a veterinary conference being held on 7/17 we had to move our rabies clinic to Sunday 7/24. It will be from 9:00-11:00. Pre-registration will be open until 7/21/22 online or by calling the shelter at 565-2859