Signed in as:
Signed in as:
We do not have a veterinarian on staff. We partner with Spay Neuter Save Network. This allows us to offer low cost spay/neuter services to Tioga County and our surrounding areas. These clinics are done by appointment only. We welcome you to submit an application and our clinic coordinator will get back to
Aggressive Dog Policy: We encourage all pets to be spayed or neutered, however the safety and well being of our staff and volunteers is extremely important to us. If your dog shows signs of aggression we will ask that you have your pet muzzled at drop off and to remain in the parking lot until we determine your animal can be safely handled.
Cats recover in their carriers. We need cats to be brought to surgery in sanitary, hard plastic carriers. Limited, or no bedding is preferable as it can obstruct our view during recovery. Please clean your carrier PRIOR to bringing your cat for surgery.
Call, or visit, to schedule your appointment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Dates fill up very quickly.
**Walk-ins and last minute substitutions are not accepted.
**Payment is accepted in person, or by phone, but is NOT available online.
We offer same-day pick-up/drop-off spays and neuters through Spay Neuter Save Network
-Cryptorchid pets, do have an additional fee as do pets in heat or pregnant
- Owners do not need to list a hardship, nor do they need to be a resident of Tioga County, NY to participate in our low cost clinic.*
* We do put priority on Tioga County Residents.
- If your pet is NOT UP TO DATE ON VACCINATIONS, the veterinarian will administer the vaccine at no additional cost.
-If you miss an appointment and DO NOT reach out to us we will not automatically reschedule you. You would need to schedule a new appointment and no guarantee on how quickly we can get you in.
- For additional information on our clinics or to schedule an appointment please call at (570)-485-7606, or email at SpayNeuterSaveNetwork@gmail.com
How do our clinics function?
A veterinarian and licensed veterinarian technician from Spay Neuter Save operate out of our facility on a rotating schedule two to four times a week. Staff members process paperwork while the Spay Neuter Save staff administer medication, perform procedures, and do recovery. We are fortunate that many volunteers have been trained to assist with prep and recovery; dogs are walked, pet, played music for, ears cleaned, nails clipped and lightly brushed. Cats are snuggled, brushed, ears cleaned, and nails clipped as they wake. Our staff realizes how stressful these procedures can be for your pet and we work very hard to provide the best out-patient care possible while adhering to the guidelines put in place by Spay Neuter Save and our Executive Director.
What do we need from you for clinic to be successful?
- The day before your appointment, you should not give your pet food after 6pm or water after midnight. No food the day of surgery.
- If an animal is on medication, it is the owner's responsibility to disclose this information while signing up for the program so that we can consult the animal's vet prior to consult as to whether the animal should take the medication the day of surgery.
- All animals must be brought to Stray Haven on a leash or in a carrier. (4-6ft leashes and collars/carriers must be secured; flexi-leads are not permitted.) Please keep in mind cats will be in their carriers for extended periods of time, so keep your pet's comfort in mind, a clean towel and leg space is important.
- Staff will take the pet to the surgical area and the owner will be required to sign a surgical waiver, then given instructions for pick-up later in the day. Owners are welcome to call throughout the day to check on their pets; dogs are altered in the morning, cats in the afternoon. All owners will be notified at the discretion of the veterinarian when the pet is available for pick-up.
- Upon discharge, staff will review instructions with you and request payment for any fees charged, i.e. ear mite treatment, flea treatment, pregnancies, etc. Pets should be kept quiet and avoid rough housing for 7-10 days.
- Pets are tattooed at the conclusion of their surgery with a green line that runs parallel to a spay scar and on the inside of the left leg for male dogs and on the belly for male cats. This is the universal symbol a pet has been altered in New York State.
You may schedule an appointment and submit a form by email at (SpayNeuterSaveNetwork@gmail.com), by phone at (570)-485-7606, or in person (194 Shepard Rd. Waverly, NY 14892).
The clinic will work with you to schedule you on a day that works for you. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call or email the clinic accordingly to let them know.
If you do not show to an appointment and do not call us after the appointment we will not re-schedule you. You must make another appointment to get back onto the schedule.
We DO NOT HAVE A VETERINARIAN ON SITE NOR DO WE HAVE 24/7 STAFFING animals abandoned on our property face local wildlife and dangerous weather conditions. Please contact us to schedule a surrender appointment, or, in the event of an emergency, go directly to a veterinarian's office.
Similarly, please keep in mind, before moving traps by our local Trap-Neuter-Release groups that traps are positioned for the safety of the trapped animals. Please speak to the groups trapping in your area if you have concerns. We can usually put you in touch with the groups servicing your area.
Registration is now closed. The next clinic will be held November 18, 2023.