Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
We do not have a veterinarian on staff. We are a part of Cornell's Shelter Outreach Services. This allows us to offer low cost spay/neuter services to Tioga County and our surrounding areas. These clinics are done by appointment only. We welcome you to submit an application and our clinic coordinator will get back to
Important Note: Due to an overwhelming number of dogs that need to be altered, the clinic has placed a hold on accepting applications for dogs so that they can take care of the backlog. They will notify us as soon as we can start taking dog applications again.
Aggressive Dog Policy: We encourage all pets to be spayed or neutered, however the safety and well being of our staff and volunteers is extremely important to us. If your dog shows signs of aggression we will ask that you have your pet muzzled at drop off and to remain in the parking lot until we determine your animal can be safely handled.
Cats recover in their carriers. We need cats to be brought to surgery in sanitary, hard plastic carriers. Limited, or no bedding is preferable as it can obstruct our view during recovery. Please clean your carrier PRIOR to bringing your cat for surgery.
While we try our best to accommodate the needs of our community we have a VERY LONG waitlist. If you no show to a clinic, we are now charging a $25.00 No show fee. Our spaces are very limited and when clients no show it puts a strain on the next schedules.
For each clinic we have a percentage of male cats, female cats, male dogs, female dogs, and large breed dogs that we are allotted by the organization which provides us veterinarians and technicians. Females and large breeds schedule out far in advance; (2 months). Males are usually scheduled more quickly (4-6 weeks).
Call, or visit, to schedule your appointment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Dates fill up very quickly.
**Walk-ins and last minute substitutions are not accepted.
**Only pets being altered are seen by a vet, these are NOT vaccine clinics.
**Payment is accepted in person, or by phone, but is NOT available online.
WE RUN CLINICS ON NEARLY EVERY SUNDAY. PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET INTO OUR CLINICS.
We offer same-day pick-up/drop-off spays and neuters through Cornell's Shelter Outreach Services Program.
-Cryptorchid pets, do have an additional fee as do pets in heat, pregnant, or over 90lbs.
- Owners do not need to list a hardship, nor do they need to be a resident of Tioga County, NY to participate in our low cost clinic.*
* We do put priority on Tioga County Residents.
- If your pet is NOT UP TO DATE ON VACCINATIONS, the veterinarian will administer the vaccine at an additional cost.
-If you miss an appointment and DO NOT reach out to us we will not reschedule you. We can not guarantee a fast placement in our schedules after a missed appointment as currently we are booking out in advance.
- For additional information on our clinics or to schedule an appointment please call or email at Clinic@StrayHavenSPCA.org
How do our clinics function?
A veterinarian and licensed veterinarian technician from Cornell's Shelter Outreach Services branch operate out of our facility on a rotating schedule two to four times a month. Staff members process paperwork and check vitals while the S.O.S. staff administer medication and perform procedures. We are fortunate that many volunteers have been trained to assist with prep and recovery; dogs are walked, pet, played music for, ears cleaned, nails clipped and lightly brushed. Cats are snuggled, brushed, ears cleaned, and nails clipped as they wake. Our staff realizes how stressful these procedures can be for your pet and we work very hard to provide the best out-patient care possible while adhering to the guidelines put in place by Cornell and our Executive Director.
What do we need from you for clinic to be successful?
- The day before your appointment, you should not give your pet food after 6pm or water after midnight. No food the day of surgery.
- If an animal is on medication, it is the owner's responsibility to disclose this information while signing up for the program so that we can consult the animal's vet prior to consult as to whether the animal should take the medication the day of surgery.
- All animals must be brought to Stray Haven on a leash or in a carrier. (4-6ft leashes and collars/carriers must be secured; flexi-leads are not permitted.) Please keep in mind cats will be in their carriers for extended periods of time, so keep your pet's comfort in mind, a clean towel and leg space is important.
-ALL OWNERS NEED TO REMAIN IN THEIR CAR UNTIL A STAFF MEMBER COMES OUT TO GREET YOU.
- Staff will take the pet to the surgical area and the owner will be required to sign a surgical waiver, then given instructions for pick-up later in the day. Owners are welcome to call throughout the day to check on their pets; dogs are altered in the morning, cats in the afternoon. All owners will be notified at the discretion of the veterinarian when the pet is available for pick-up. For example, if the vet says dogs are welcome to be released at 4:00pm we will begin calling dog owners between 2:30/3:00pm.
- Upon discharge, staff will review instructions with you and request payment for any fees charged, i.e. ear mite treatment, flea treatment, pregnancies, etc. Pets should be kept quiet and avoid rough housing for 7-10 days.
- Pets are tattooed at the conclusion of their surgery with a green line that runs parallel to a spay scar and on the inside of the left leg for male dogs and on the belly for male cats. This is the universal symbol a pet has been altered in New York State.
There is an additional $20.00 charge if the animal is cryptorchid and a $30.00 to $50.00 fee if the dog weighs more than 90lbs
There is an additional of up to $50.00 charge if the animal is pregnant or in heat, This fee can range in price if your dog is heavily pregnant and need more surgical time. There is also a $30.00 to $50.00 charge if the dog weighs more than 90lbs.
There is an additional $20.00 charge if the animal is cryptorchid.
There is an additional $20.00 charge if the animal is pregnant or in heat.
You may submit the form below by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail, or in person (194 Shepard Rd. Waverly, NY 14892). Your appointment will not be scheduled until we receive your application. Once we receive your application, we will schedule your appointment and send you an email confirmation with your instructions. Please have your email confirmation with you when you come for your appointment.
You do not get to choose the date your pet gets scheudled on as we schedule weeks to months in advance, if we have scheudled your pet on a day that does not work for you please do give the office staff a call and we can recschedule that appointment.
If you do not show to an appointment and do not call us by the wednesday after the appointment we will not re-scheudle you.
Download the form and fill it out if you are interested in getting your pet altered at our spay and neuter clinics. You can return this form by emailing it to: Clinic@strayhavenspca.org OR by mailing it to: 194 Shepard Rd, Waverly NY, 14892
We DO NOT HAVE A VETERINARIAN ON SITE NOR DO WE HAVE 24/7 STAFFING animals abandoned on our property face local wildlife and dangerous weather conditions. Please contact us to schedule a surrender appointment, or, in the event of an emergency, go directly to a veterinarian's office.
Similarly, please keep in mind, before moving traps by our local Trap-Neuter-Release groups that traps are positioned for the safety of the trapped animals. Please speak to the groups trapping in your area if you have concerns. We can usually put you in touch with the groups servicing your area.
Stray Haven Humane Society & SPCA
Stray Haven Humane Society & SPCA 194 Shepard Road Waverly, NY 14892 US
Copyright © 2022 Stray Haven Humane Society & SPCA - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder
Clinic Registration is Full. Next clinic will be May 13,2023.